Monday, June 27, 2011

Success

By Action Coach Dave Beam
The Webster definition of success is: “a favorable result.
Success is the sixth point of culture in Action Coach, defined as follows:
SuccessI totally focus my thoughts, energy and attention on the successful outcome of whatever I am doing. I am willing to win and allow others to win: Win/Win. At all times, I display my inner pride, prosperity, competence and personal confidence. I am a successful person.

An old school teacher of mine said it this way; “If it’s worth doing it at all, it’s worth doing it well.”
I personally define success on a daily basis. My stated business purpose is “to bring the grace of God to people through coaching”. When I can positively bring help, hope, and encouragement to three people today, I am successful. How do you define success?
Success is a choice to win. A successful person is one who knows what he really wants, and pursues it until it is realized. A successful, abundant person invites and allows others to win with him. Do you help others succeed?
I choose to participate in what is important, meaningful, and valuable, and will continue until I have a favorable result. Favorable does not mean perfect, it means excellent. Favorable includes flexibility. The goal may morph into something better as I progress. Are you allowing perfection to keep you from success?
The antithesis of success is failure, and the only way to fail is to quit and drop out. For the person committed to success, adversity becomes a tool of development and refinement. A difficult economy is an opportunity to persevere and move ahead as the competition drops away. Success means that I am committed to winning, and that I will persevere because I choose to pursue what is congruent with my values (that’s integrity). Is success important to you, or is good, good enough? Why not choose to be great?
I think success is rooted in being fearless; Fearless is choosing significant and challenging goals. Fearless is commitment to the achievement and completion of those goals. Fearless is humility to admit shortcomings and ignorance and then learning and changing to achieve success. Are you fearless? You can be.
I truly believe those who read this newsletter have committed to their success. My joy as a coach is helping you achieve that success, whatever it is. I would love to help you get clear on your definition of success and then create it!

No comments:

Post a Comment